- Orienteering and compass work
- Geology and fossil hunting
- Bush, stream, estuary, dune, beach and rock pool studies
- Bush walks and tramps (Bald Spur - 2hrs and Devlin's Dash - 4hrs)
- Waterfalls, 30 minute walk one way - swimming pools
- Caving, 10 minutes travel by car to Limestone caves - easy access (permission needed to enter)
- Roping (abseiling) 10 minute walk away. Gear provided free of charge to camp users, but only to those with certified instructors. Paid providers to supply own gear
- Camping out. A full range of camping equipment (packs, fry pans, billies, fire forks, food containers, plates, mugs, cutlery). Adults and children's tents available for a small charge of $5 each per week. Porta-loos available
- Outdoor cooking. (fire permits required) http://www.waikatodistrict.govt.nz/Services/Rural-fires.aspx
- Maori and early European history. Official camp history book available $10
NB: All activities, excluding caving, within walking distance of camp.
All programme possibilities have supporting resource books available at $2.50 each
Four sets including targets are available through the custodian. A hire charge of $30.00 per week is made to cover wear and tear. Broken or missing arrows will be charged at $15 each.
Three, four person sets are available for supervised activities. There is no charge.
Poles, net, volley ball and rope outline are available. See the Custodian. No charge.
Low Ropes Challenge Course
A low ropes challenge course is provided for confidence and trust building activities. Prior to use, the associated booklet must be read and signed. Adult supervision is required.
This apparatus is available but like the Low Ropes Challenge Course, can only be used under adult supervision.
A maximum of only 2 users at one time please.
A backboard and hoop are available for free play use. No ball is supplied.
BMX Bikes and Track
A well formed 250m track is available on camp property. Four BMX bikes and adjustable helmets can be hired for $10 each per half day (4 hrs) or $15 for a full day.
Belayed Climbing Wall.
A 9 m high belayed climbing wall is available for use. Use of this wall requires safety equipment and adult supervision.
Various hard-court games are marked out on the asphalt.
The people below may be able to help you with various aspects of your camp stay. The Trust does not in any way recommend or endorse any of those listed.
Christine Ramsey 09 232 9619 For celebratory decorations, glasses, lights and many other items. email@example.com
Camp Cooks and Caterers
- Jim and Carol Prichard (09 834 7558-Jim 0272926806,Carol 0274845033)www.campcatering.co.nz
- Loaves and Fishers - Helen Merton (09 817 2285 - 027 235 8134)www.loavesandfishes.biz
- Glennis Paton - (09 232 9532) firstname.lastname@example.org
Outdoor activity providers
Action Stations ( 07 574 9622 07 574 9622 Fax 07 574 9620) All types of activities and programmes
Adventure Specialties - Tim Willis ( 09 837 6033 09 837 6033 - Fax 09 837 6034) All outdoor activities
Bigfoot Adventures - ( 09 273 3717 0800 244 366 - Fax 09 444 1448- 0274 955966) For total camp management
Environment Waikato - Faye Wilson-Hill Education Officer (07 856 7184 07 856 7184 Fax 856 0551) River & Dune Units
Kayaks/Canoes - Mike Carter - ( 09 232 8858 09 232 8858) - seats 18 at one time - life jackets provided - qualified instructor
Northern Lifeguards Service ( 09 303 4303 09 303 4303 Fax 09 379 6298) Beach education all day programme
Stress Free Adventures - Colin Harrington (09 235 9529 09 235 9529) Caving, abseiling, Climbing Wall
Nikau Cave Anne Woodward 09 2333199 09 2333199 www.nikaucave.co.nz
Puriri Heights Caves - Contact owners Rachael and Brook Johnson on 09 232 9875
Camp Orientation and Camp Programmes - Glennis Paton on 09 232 9532